I began my freelance career in September 2018 after leaving the food and beverage industry. The more time I spent in my home, the more I wanted to keep it clean, refreshed, and inviting. The DIY Linen Spray featured in this post was created in the process. Using essential oils became a huge part of the way I care for my home and myself.
I started incorporating these high-quality essential plant oils into my cleaning, diffusing, and self-care routines immediately. The improvement they had on my overall health and wellness was incredible.
I began to play around and create many different essential oil recipes. I worked to create delightful smelling recipes while eliminating toxic chemicals from everyday items I used.
Today, I am going to share my favorite recipe for a Fabric Refresher. Every single morning, I start my day by making my bed. I finish with a light mist of this uplifting, relaxing and enjoyable spray. It keeps my linens feeling fresh. My room smells amazing. It a joy to use!
Along with being Toxin Free. This recipe:
- Has Therapeutic Benefits- Utilizing 100% Therapeutic Essential Oils like the ones I own from dōTERRA can have a positive effect on your mood, immune system, and overall health.
- Less Expensive- Making this Spray Requires just a few drops of essential oil, a little vodka, and distilled water. It costs less than $1 to make. That saves me about 75% off of store bought fabric refreshers.
- No Artificial Fragrances- My fiancé struggles with asthma and allergies, so artificial scents really bother his breathing. This spray is safe to use around him and makes our whole room smell fresh and bright, not toxic and perfumey
- Can be used as an Air Freshener- This spray has not oils or artificial fragrances, it also evaporates quickly. Spray it into the air for a quick refreshing Air Freshener.
- Residue Free- This recipe contains no Baking Soda, which can leave a residue on fabric and surfaces. Baking Soda increases the potential staining of fabric. I have omitted it from this linen spray to avoid staining.
In addition to use as a linen spray, you can use this spray to:
- Refresh your curtains
- Deodorize gym equipment
- Refresh your couch cushions and pillow
- Spruce up clothes that have been living in your closet for too long
- Clean and deodorize your vehicle
- Spray your pillow before bed for calm and tranquility
All Natural Therapeutic Linen Spray Ingredients:
- 10 oz Distilled Water
- 4 oz Vodka
- 15 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Lime Essential Oil
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 16 oz Amber Glass Spray Bottle- (Use a glass sprayer and with glass straw like the one here to avoid essential oils deteriorating the plastic of traditional sprayers.
Mix Add Vodka to 16oz Glass Bottle. Utilize a funnel to make it easier. Add all essential oils then fill to the top with distilled water. Shake this refresher before each use to stir up the essential oils.
When using this on a new fabric try it first in an inconspicuous spot. I have never had it stain anything, but it’s better to be safe than sorry!
This recipe was created to help uplift mood, open airways and refresh our space. Utilizing essential oils to make this therapeutic spray had many benefits.
Vodka is used for this DIY Recipe because:
- It is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal- Vodka is a strong killer of bacteria, viruses, and fungus. Spraying it on your fabrics can help kill germs. The smell of vodka dissipates quickly allowing the botanicals from the essential oils to shine.
- Helps this spray to dry faster- Alcohol evaporates much quicker than using just water alone. Although you want this spray to soak in, although dampening your fabrics is not always good. So, using vodka helps to speed up drying times.
- Leaves no residue behind like powder based deodorizers.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil-
Eucalyptus Oil is great for your respiratory systems. It can help clean up colds and sinus infections. As well as, improve symptoms of allergies and asthma. It kills dust mites and is antibacterial. Eucalyptus also smells like a refreshing trip to the spa!
Lime Essential Oil-
Lime Oil is uplifting and refreshing. It is a great mood-boosting oil. Lime also has anti-congestive properties to promote open airways and ease breathing.
Lavender Essential Oil-
Lavender Oil is among the most popular essential oils for its amazing smell and relaxing properties. This oil promotes calm, eases stress and anxiety. It improves sleep quality, and can help alleviate headaches.
Peppermint Essential Oil-
Peppermint Essential Oil has strong therapeutic benefits ranging from headache and nausea relief to promoting focus. It is a strong smelling oil and a top note, so use it sparingly compared to the other oils in this recipe. This is a relaxing and refreshing oil that pairs well with all of the above.
Bonus Linen Spray Recipes:
The combination of recipes you can make using essential oils is endless. I’ve included several other recipes to try out for a different therapeutic essential oil experience.
Sleepy Time Linen Spray- To help calm your mind and ease your thoughts.
- Lavender Essential Oil-10 Drops
- Black Pepper Essential Oil- 5 Drops
- Lemon Essential Oil- 5 Drops
- Douglas Fir Essential Oil- 5 Drops
Refreshing Zen Linen Spray– This is a blend of productivity, focus and grounding oils. This is great for creating a calming and creative space. Spray your desk chair cushions or for your yoga towel for a refreshing atmosphere.
- Wild Orange Essential Oil- 10 Drops
- Lavender Essential Oil- 10 Drops
- Rosemary Essential Oil- 5 Drops
- Peppermint Essential Oil- 5 Drops
Focus Pocus Linen Spray– Use this blend of essential oils to kick your productivity into gear and get stuff done. Great for cleaning and brightening up your workspace. Spray it on the curtains or desk chair cushion in your workspace and watch the magic happen.
- Lavender Essential Oil- 10 Drops
- Lemon Essential Oil-10 Drops
- Peppermint Essential Oil-10 Drops